Monday, June 23, 2008

Remembering our Crysta Lee!!

This is going to be a tough one to post! I can't believe our Crysta has been gone now for 2 years. I will always remember the day we received the news, it was such a "bitter sweet" time. We had just celebrated the birth of Halli June 21, 2006 and Crysta returned home to her Heavenly Father June 24, 2006. Words can't even explain the sadness I had in my heart, it all seemed like a dream. My heart hurt for my sister. It was so hard to be happy for me and my little family, when my sister was mourning the loss of her first born. The thing that was hardest for me was not being able to go home and attend the services. Having no closure has been a little weird...I know she's gone but to me it just feels like I haven't seen her for an extra long time!! I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge I have knowing that I will see her again some day. I know Heavenly Father has a plan and knowing that makes it a little easier to accept her being taken away. I love my sister Jan, she is one of the strongest people I know. Having your child taken from you has really got to test your faith!! She was a great mom to Crysta!! I will always remember our Crysta. It was always a little weird to me having a niece so close in age. Isn't it crazy when something happens to someone and you find yourself saying, "I wish I would have spent more time with them!" Well that's what I wish! She was a great girl. Always willing to help anyone out! She could do anything, and I mean anything! I'm sure she could change a flat quicker than any guy out there. She loved adventure and was up for anything!! In her short time here on earth I think she got it all in!! I miss you Crysta and can't wait to see you again some day!! I guess the right thing to say would be...Miss your mug!! Love your guts!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so sorry for all your hurt. Thank goodness we know there is more after this life, or I think it would be unbearable. love you

Jamie said...

What a nice tribute Jacki. What a beautiful girl. This made me tear up Jacki!