Sunday, June 22, 2008

Look Who's 2!!

Yes, our Halli turned 2 June 21st. I can't believe how fast the time has gone!! She is so much fun to have around and keeps us on our toes all day long!! Yesterday I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday. Her response, "Birthday Shopping!" Hope she likes to shop more than I do... although my friend is getting me to like it more and more!! Well...we didn't go shopping on her birthday, instead we spent the afternoon at the park. We had a picnic, the kids played at the playground, we had cupcakes (tried to blow out candles, but had to do that when we got home), played in the dragon sprinkler, came home and played more, opened presents, and had more cupcakes. This time she got to blow out candles!! I think all in all she had a great day!! We don't think she fully understood it was her birthday but I think she knew it was a special day for her. Leading up to her birthday we would ask her what was coming and she would say, "birthday coming!" How old will you be? "2!" It has really surprised me how one day she started talking so much better and putting more and more words together. Her favorite thing to say, "Jaden did it!" Smart girl!! They grow up way to fast!! Here are some pictures of Halli's special day!! Happy Birthday Halli J. We love you very much!!
Sorry about all the pictures, I need to learn how to do a slide show!!

Taking a break from the sprinklers!!
Looks good!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when she shoved that big bite into her little mouth and then the look she gave me as she pedalled away!! What a little stinker!!
She loves her glasses and necklace!!
What a cute Birthday Girl!!
Halli blew out her candles a dozen times and each time she would blow them out she would cover her eye and say, "more 'gain!" So we would light them up again!! She covered her eyes because she thought the HOT (what she calls "fire") would get her!!
She was a little more dainty with the cupcakes at home, could have been because she ate 3 at the park and wasn't feeling up to another one!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can't believe the sweet muffin is 2. We celebrated with you last year and it doesn't seem that long ago Jacki! She is too cute and I love her little "sassy" attitude! Let us know when you'll be in Utah-we can't wait to see you guys-we miss you!

Staiger Smiles said...

She is the sweetest thing! I love that she keeps you laughing and on your toes. What a little doll!