Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Swim Lessons!!

We get to check one more thing off our summer activity list!! I mentioned before that when I asked him what he would like to do this summer, he rattled off a mile long list. Well...I think we narrowed it down to four and we finished up with the second! He has been enjoying swimming and got a little dissappointed when I told him he only had 2 sessions left! Soon to follow was lots of attitude demanding that he does more swimming!I would really like for him to learn how to swim, I hate water myself so to have him know how to swim would give me a sense of security, I guess! The first few classes he was not too keen on going under the water but soon got the courage up but had to plug his nose and then he got even more brave and started doing it without and can now blow bubbles out of his nose when he goes under. More than I can do!! He has been doing a great job!! It is so fun to watch him grow and do new things and become this cute little boy taking on life. Oh to be a kid again!!!


Playing Red Light Green Light!! Those are some hot goggles, I know!! We finally got the dang things to stay on and not bend his ears down! It only took two summers! I need goggle placement 101!!

He was so excited because he was doing so well on the kick board! He's getting it!!

I had to post this little Diva!! She had to wear her sun glasses, it was pretty sunny inside!! She makes me laugh and everyone had to comment! She walked around like...What are you looking at, is something wrong??

3 comments:

Micah said...

Looks like Jaden will be swimming in no time! Halli is so funny! Nnow I know what you were doing last night while the boys were out to play!

Callisters said...

Looks like lots of fun! I know how you feel about the whole plugging your noes thing. If I swim straight under the water I don't need to plug my nose, but if I jump in, dive under or anything else the nose is plugged. I often look at my boys and wonder how they do it and I just can't catch on. Hey if I blow bubbles somehow the water goes into my noes. So you go learn how to work with goggles and I will learn how to breath good under the water. Maybe after we do the two we can too be pros!

Jamie said...

Way to go Jaden! I love the sassy Halli photo-Her and Abby would be a deadly duo!