Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July!!

We had a super fun 4th this year!! We got some news Monday morning saying that Justin's dad and sister and her baby would be coming for a quick visit and would arrive Thursday night. So...they got to join in our 4th of July fun!! We started out our day by being late to the ward breakfast, well Justin wasn't, he had to be there to make the pancakes and he did a mighty fine job, we got hot ones right of the grill!! YUMMO!! After breakfast Jaden and Halli joined the kids in decorating their bikes with flags and other festive decor! After breakfast we came back to the house for naps while I started making food for our next outing. When evening rolled around we headed over to some friends house for a fun filled evening and boy was it filled with excitement!! It was a good time! We ate lots of food, chit chatted, kids played, laughed, lit fireworks, ate more food, laughed more, and lit more fireworks!! The fireworks were great until...a couple of friends and I were enjoying them when all of the sudden one tipped over and shot at us!! Holy Cow...I don't think I have ever moved that fast in my life!! I did a very graceful acrobatic move over the back of my chair and in doing so I caught my foot on something and landed flat on my belly!! I thought I was going to get it right in the face! Thankfully we only walked away with a few minor burns and bruises...oh and a little fire on my friends blanket!! So...this same fire work hit one of the guys in the chest...okay the nipple! YIKES, but the best part was how funny it was hearing him tell about it. I almost died laughing! I think it was even funnier because the guy it happened to I would have never guessed would say the word "nipple"! He kept saying "Yeah, it about took off my nipple!" After our little mishap we enjoyed the fireworks from afar!! It was a fun day!!
Halli sporting her 4th of July rig!!
Camilla, Jaden, and Jaxson! What some cute kiddos!!
Ragen and Grandpa Russ!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

How Funny Jacki! Brian kept saying that he was glad he didn't have to make breakfast for a ward this year-You and Micah crack me up-I love how you both told the nipple story! I'm so glad you guys had fun!

Micah said...

You did a way better job at telling the nipple story. I guess what made it so funny is who was saying it and how he said it. what a crack up!!! I had a lot of fun, and those are cute pictures of your kids! Too bad we missed the delicious pancakes :(

Callisters said...

It sounds like lots of fun! I am sorry, but I had a little laugh at your near tragic firework story. Scary, but funny at the same time. Where was the baby when this was going on? Have a good one..