Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jaden turned 6!!!

July 16th, 2002...oh I remember this day so well!! When Justin and I got married we knew we wanted to wait about three years before having children, but we didn't know we would share our 3 year anniversary with our first born! Did we plan that well or what??!! I can't believe our Jaden is 6 years old, my how time has flown by! He has been a handful but he has also been a joy in our lives. I can not imagine life without him, he brings craziness and soon gray hair to my life!! He is a great kid, full of energy and a zest for life! He goes non-stop and thank heavens each day has an end...or he would be like the energizer bunny, keeps going and going and going!! When I stop and think about my Jaden these are the things I think of: big blue eyes with great eyelashes, contagious laugh, goer, great big brother, soft heart, caring, loves his family, loves Heavenly Father and Jesus, loves playing with his friends, very coordinated, and loves to test the limits!!! I'm sure I could go on and on but these are the things that come to mind first!

Jaden celebrated his 6th birthday with friends from preschool, church, and the neighborhood! He celebrated "Kung Fu" style!! I was a little stressed out this year because I would be putting on the party widow style, seems we had it during the week and Justin had to be at work. Thankfully I had two great friends there to help me out with the girls and keep things under control! Jaden loves presents and was so excited when a friend would come with a gift, he would stop dead in his tracks, run to the friend, take it, and go put it next to all the others! All he asked was, when can we eat cupcakes!...I told him after cupcakes came presents!! Yes, I went the cupcake route this year because every other year I ended up throwing away basically the whole cake. I will post a picture of them, but don't laugh!! I'll tell you what they are unless you are thinking "Kung Fu Panda!" They are Chinese dragons! They didn't turn out wonderful but they worked!! I had each child a name badge with their names printed in Chinese...don't know that they thought it was as cool as I did, we then did a craft which was a necklace that they beaded and then for a favor I had Chinese take-out boxes with a few goodies!! I think it turned out pretty cute although I must say...I'm glad it's over!! It was a crazy 2 weeks!! I have to post this because it doesn't and won't happen too often. Justin and I had to speak in sacrament the Sunday before and if you know me you'll know this is something that terrifies me, but it's all over and now the party is done and I can sit back and enjoy and wait for our vacation to Utah in a month!! Woo Hoo!!! Wow that was a long random post!! Sorry!!
I forgot to add a picture of the cupcakes!! Jaden kept saying they were crazy, I told him we didn't have to use them but then he insisted, made me feel a little better! You crafty ones out there don't laugh too hard!!
The Birthday Boy!!
This is Cindy one of my good friends! She's from South Africa and has a daughter Jaden's age. She is so much fun to chat with!!




What a bunch of cute kids, don't you agree??

5 comments:

Micah said...

Look at you go, great posts and pictures. Looks like the party was a hit! When I saw Jaden at the water park he asked if I got him a present! oops, I will have to get on that. Maybe I can give him a big hug next time I see him, wouldn't he love that more than a toy?!!
I hate going to Pikes Place with a stroller, not good!! Im sure you were enjoying all the freaks down there-- good entertainment.

Unknown said...

What a cute job you did!!! When are you coming to Utah? We are moving the 30th. Up to Colville we are headed.

Anonymous said...

hey, you have a darling family...! Love reading your posts and cried a little when I read Christa post... we had a tragidy in our family a about a year ago as well, I feel for you.

Jamie said...

You little great party planner. I loved the cupcakes, but wasn't sure what they were, so I'm glad you told me(I haven't seen the movie)-I can't believe Jaden is 6 & Happy Anniversary! We miss you guys! I can't wait to hear about Jaden's kindergarten adventures!

Staiger Smiles said...

What a fun party! You are a great Mom! I can't believe Jaden is six. Are we that old? Great job with his party! I'll be looking forward to see what you do for Ragen's.;)