Friday, August 1, 2008

Halli vs. Pavement

I don't know how many times Halli has gone down this little hill in front of our house, but today she ate it!! I bought her a helmet a few days before and of course the one time she didn't have it on her head all day she crashes on her bike. Well, the pavement won this fight! I hear her crying and Jaden screaming Halli has blood, so of course my heart drops. I get to her to find she has a bloody nose and blood coming from her mouth but I can't tell where. My first thought was, crap she knocked a tooth out so of course that's what I check first. All teeth intact!! Just ended up being her lip, and boy did it get fat. I didn't get to taking a picture the first day and by the time I took it the swelling had gone down, but we captured the boo boo's on the lip and nose! Now she shakes her finger "no" and says, " bike hill!!" Do you think she learned a lesson...NO!! She rode the neighbors bike down the next day and crashed and scraped up her elbow!! Oh the heart attacks children give us!!
Halli loves her bike!! She picked up the pedalling thing pretty fast!!

6 comments:

Staiger Smiles said...

She has her Mom's drive!! It is so sad to see them hurt but then it makes your heart smile when they are brave enough to take on the world again!! Maybe just not the hills....

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness Jacki-she looks so cute in that helmet! She has always been such a little dare devil!

Jamie said...

& I think she looks so much like Jaden in the top photo-what do you think?! Also, give us a call when you get to UT-we can't wait to plan something fun! LOve,Jamie

Micah said...

That is a cute pic. of her in her helmet. Well, she is ahead of Grace, I don't think she can even pedal a trycicle-- way to go Halli!

Jamie said...

Hi again-sorry I keep commenting-I should just e-mail you-I just got Abby that same bike and plan on getting the red one for Bryson-We'll give the bike thing a go!!

Anonymous said...

Jacki.... She sounds like my Kennedy, she has knocked her teeth up into her gums twice, (they evantually came back down, needless to say, her two front teeth are dead. Pretty huh??? She still as cute as a button though!!! We gotta love 'em!