Friday, June 26, 2009

First Family Camping Trip

For our first family camping trip we headed to Ensign Ranch! It was a great place for our first camping experience! I liked that I could walk maybe 1/4 of a mile and go to a potty that flushed and wash my hands in running water, there were even showers, that is if you wanted to take an ice cold shower!! I did tough it out most of the time and went to the port a potty, they freak me out, but I needed to try my best to be a "true" camper!! The kids had a blast and I quickly got use to the fact that they were going to get dirty! We ate good food, had more s'mores than I should have, played by the water, went on nature walks, rode horses, and played on the water slide! The kids did really well, even Raggie! Everyone wants to go again, even me! Did I just say that?!! Oh...I almost forgot the best part. While packing up to leave, we discovered the truck battery had died due to watching a movie too long without starting it up! Note to self...don't do that again!! We had to have one of the Missionaries come out and jump us!! That was another nice part, it is church owned so if you need help you just have to take a walk to the office and there you will find lots of missionaries, mostly older couples!









































































































1 comment:

Micah said...

I love that your kids are dressed in their best for camping!!!! Im sure you did too. :)