Saturday, November 28, 2009

{Ten Year Anniversary---Maui, August '09}

For a good year Justin and I had been talking about going somewhere fun for our 10 yr. Anniversary, but for some reason, in the back of my head I was telling myself that it probably wouldn't really happen. The reason...three young kids, the youngest being 1! Who would want to watch three kids?!! The closer it got to summer the more serious I knew Justin was about going. I was still nervous about the thought of leaving my kids with someone for a whole week. Yes it sounded nice, but I would miss them, right?! Well, I finally decided to run it by my mom and she was more than willing to watch the girls and then I talked to my mother-in-law and she was more than willing to take Jaden! We were set, but I was still concerned about leaving them! The time came, we drove the kiddos to Utah, stayed a few days, then Justin and I headed to Maui! It was incredible! I missed the kids, but enjoyed myself and the time I got to spend with my husband. I have to admit, it was soooo nice not to hear the word "mom" every 5 seconds!! Does that sound bad? Funny thing, Justin started missing the kids before I did! We had such a great relaxing time, but it was also good to be back with the kids! The kids did great, sleeping and all! My mom claims the girls were angels, I beg to differ on that one. Why doesn't that happen when I'm around! That's just how it goes, I hear!!

Picture over load!!

Black Sand Beach

Justin had a blast tormenting this poor crab!

We got pretty good at taking pics. of ourselves!


We drove the road to Hana!  Boy was it long!!

Justin enjoying his Shave Ice, with ice cream and cream!


Zip line tour!
Half way through the tour it started to down poor! We were soaked and so was the jeep!
Our tour guides were awesome!


~Haleakala Crater, Maui--Incredible view~
Watching the sun rise on Haleakala! Way too early!!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

~Old Lahaina Luau~
 
Ahhh...this entry makes me miss Hawaii!! Please, take me back!!

No comments: