Sunday, February 15, 2009

Imagine this!!

I'm sad I didn't get a picture of this incident but I didn't know whether to laugh or get mad! So, I'll tell the story as best I can!
This is how it went. We had just gotten home from the gym and I was doing my everyday routine of getting the girls a snack, turning on Caillou, and then making sure the area was safe. I thought I had tied up the fridge secure enough so a 2 year old wouldn't be able to get in to it. So, after making sure the girls were set, I made my way upstairs to start getting ready for the day! I had gotten my make-up done and was just starting to dry my hair when I had this feeling that I should go check on the girls. As I made my way down the stairs I hear Caillou going and I don't see any kiddos watching so I quickly made my way to the kitchen where I find Halli standing with the door wide open and a "Oh no" look on her face! As I get closer I can see the damage! This little stinker had taken the "bagel butter" cream cheese and painted the inside of my fridge, broken an egg in the drawer and put a dollop of cream cheese on top of every single stinken egg in the fridge! This is the part where I didn't know whether to laugh or get mad! I thought about getting the camera but I didn't want her to see me take a picture of her master piece. Being in the freak out mode I grabbed the paper towels and started to clean up! Later I called Justin and told him about it...the first thing he said was, "Did you take a picture?" Next time there will be a photo 'cause I'm kicking myself now!!

4 comments:

Dave and Krisha said...

It made my day!! I am still laughing! I never think to take pics of stuff like that either. I think we go into mom/clean it up mode too fast! Who has time for pics when there's a huge mess to clean up?! Love it!!

Jamie said...

Oh Jacki-that is crazy-can you imagine what would have happened had you not gone downstairs! That little Halli! Such a funny story-but I'm sure not a fun mess to clean up- Loved your Christmas photos. How fun to get to celebrate twice! I was looking at Halli and my Abby's hair has grown in the exact same way! Hope you guys are doing well.
Love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Serioiusly.... stickin' funny! Those are the moments when you want to scream, but just can't!! I found rolls of tape floating in my toilet about a week ago.... fabulous! Thanks baby Boone!!!! Love those stories!

The Birds said...

Classic!!! Glad to know it happens to the best of us!
~Chandi